Wednesday 10 November 2010

Thank God for Men Like These

It's easy to forget, in a prosperous and democratic society like our own, that many lost their livelihoods and even their lives to get the gospel of Jesus Christ to us in an easily available format and understandable form.

The following documentary traces some of those who were martyred for the cause of getting the Bible translated into English so that common folk, like you and me, could understand its message. Who knows where you or I would be now if it were not for the power of God at work in the lives of these courageous men.

The same struggle continues hidden from sight across many parts of the world.

1 comment:

Tope said...

I don't know where you find these things but I'm glad you do. Definitely food for thought and a greater perspective. There's more to life than the little bubbles we/I live in.