Monday 7 September 2009

Tale of a Rugby Conversion

The church, of which I am privileged to be part, is hosting a men's breakfast here, in Reading Town Centre at 7:30am on Saturday 19 September.

After feeding ourselves on heroic amounts of salted lard, protein and carbs, former 58 caps, Welsh International Rugby Union player Garin Jenkins will tell us his life story with anecdotes from both on and off the field, including how he met Jesus - his most life-changing conversion of all.

There is a small charge of £5 to cover the cost of food.

See me or contact the church direct if you, or anyone you know, would like to come along.

There will be no granola, no very low fat yoghurt and no flowers within 50m of the building. We promise! ;-)

3 comments:

Karen said...

What's the age limit for the men's breakfast? Andy and Josh are rugger fans and I'm sure they'd enjoy a scarfing their way through a cardiac arrest on a plate!!

Sean Green said...

I thought it was starting at 7:30am ...

And I am going to ask my son to come along too!

Richard Walker said...

Thanks Sean, for pointing out that oversight - now fixed. That's the effect of a Monday Night Swim Training session!