Thursday 26 February 2009

Made me chuckle...

I find it amusing that the day I began my Facebook Fast, this (3:29) should be aired on the Radio 4's Today programme.

Many just think my giving up FB is plain odd. Some feel sorry for me, (I haven't yet worked out why). I agree with the neuroscientist in the audio clip. The issue is not whether online networking is an evil technological development, (it is morally neutral) but rather, how do I ensure that I enjoy it, along with all of life, in its correct proportions, given the realities of eternity that stretch out before us?

To put it another way, when you're sculpting something as big Mt Rushmore (left), it's hard to tell if what you are doing is going to turn out right. Sometimes it's only when I take a step away from a little daily routine that I can see what I'm making of my life, for better or worse.

"Sow a thought, reap an act.
Sow an act, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny."

Charles Reade

TBC

No comments: