Monday 27 October 2008

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Holy Spirit meant Coca-Cola when he inspired Isaiah 52:7


Coca-Cola have an official mission statement, a very laudable one in many ways! However, at the end of the day, it boils down (is that a mixing of metaphors or just a few too many?) to getting a coke within the reach of every living person on the planet.

The latest stats from joshuaproject.net (downloadable here 8.5Mb) show that we still have a way to go to get the good news about Jesus and the Kingdom of God to ears and hearts of everyone on the planet.

I have nothing against Coke. I admit that I like Coke, (especially to help me race) I even cook with it sometimes! But the thought that any sickly sweet drink that rots your teeth and makes you hyper would find it's way into the hands of every person on the planet quicker than the life giving words of Jesus is offensive to me! So then, the question comes, Richard, having pretended great moral outrage in that last sentence, how will you be the answer to your own prayers? You don't want to be labeled a hypocrite or some pathetic arm-chair dissenter now, do you?

No comments: