Thursday 25 September 2008

Some things change...

In education, this video is all the rage in trying to help us get our heads round what kind of adults we want to produce at the end of 14yrs or so of schooling (It's 8mins 19secs long):



Last week a kid looked at me like I was from the middle ages when I told him I used to load up games on a computer using a tape recorder.

As the video shows, technology is changing the way that we think and function, we are able to transcend the limits of our bodies and influence life all across the world for good or evil depending on what we want to achieve. It's also jostling around the global pecking order. If I'm honest, I'm not entirely sure whether to be excited or wary about some of these stats, but I know that God is in control and whatever predictions futurologists make about the world of 2020, his intentions for human history will be the ones that stand at the end of everything when his Son, Jesus, returns. So I can entrust myself to a faithful creator and continue to do what is good.

No comments: