Saturday 29 November 2014

Some of the "Identity" Survey Results.

Here some results from the recent Identity survey I did for a sermon of mine:


Setting that in context, according to our membership directory we are about 45% men and 55% women and, currently, on average, we gather a bit more than twice our number of members across our three Sunday meetings.

I think that the following two are fairly self-explanatory, but if you have any interesting observations, do mention them in the comments.




This last one is interesting and if I was better at writing surveys (hindsight is a wonderful thing) I would have framed the question differently. Instead of saying "rank the following in order of which stresses you out the most" I think I should have said "rank the following in order of which you think about the most."

As a consequence, with God's expectations ranked 4th overall in the stress stakes, I don't know if this means that we have a mature understanding of our identity in Christ e.g. Matt 11:28-29 or if it means that we are far too worldly in our thinking e.g. 2 Cor. 10:12 and don't really care about his expectations.

Hmmm…

Once again, many thanks to all who filled in the survey. It's also great to get little messages like these two:



I hope, with God's help, to measure up to the expectation that I have created. :-)

No comments: