Monday 1 September 2014

New Training Horizon

After not dying on my cycle round the Isle of Wight at the beginning of the summer hols, I have been cajoled into signing up to this:



It will have been nearly 5 years since the last time I did an Olympic distance triathlon. Like a pregnancy, I have just short of nine months to get ready. Although I hope my "labour" will not last as long!!

The Olympic distance training will now gradually resume, in tandem with the Olympic eating, from which I never took time off.

If I'm honest though, I'm most looking forward to time spent with friends and having grown up in the North West, cycling through the amazing scenery of Snowdonia, which I used to be fairly familiar with, so long as the weather is clement enough and I'm not doubled over the handlebars with fatigue.

No comments: